All workshop sessions will be held in the C. Shaw Smith 900 Room, Alvarez College Union, Davidson College. The keynote will take place in the auditorium of UNC Charlotte’s Center City Campus in uptown Charlotte. (Participants will be shuttled to all Charlotte locations in campus buses).
Thursday, March 27, 2014
- 9:00-1:30: Participants arrive in Davidson. List of local lunch spots provided with registration packet.
- 1:30-3:00: Workshop Panel I: “War” (Chair: Bob Whalen, Queens University; Comment: Heather Perry, UNC Charlotte)
- 3:00-3:30: Coffee break
- 4:30-6:30: Public Keynote Address, Omer Bartov, “The Voice of Your Brother’s Blood: The Holocaust as Communal Genocide.” Discussion to follow.
- 6:30-7:00: Public Reception with Omer Bartov
- 7:30-9:30: Keynote Dinner with Omer Bartov, Restaurant of Heist Brewery, Charlotte
Friday, March 28, 2014
- 7:30-8:30: Breakfast served at Davidson College Guest House and the Davidson Village Inn, respectively.
- 8:30-10:30: Workshop Panel II: “Language” (Chair: Burkhard Henke, Davidson College; Comment: Thomas Pegelow Kaplan, Davidson College)
- 10:30-11:00: Coffee break
- 11:00-1:00: Workshop Panel III: “Borders/Boundaries” (Chair: Kai-Uwe Werbeck, UNC Charlotte, Comment: John Cox, UNC Charlotte)
- 1:00-2:00: Strategy session for Southeast German Studies Consortium and future Workshops, to be held during lunch (lunch provided).
- 2:00: Workshop adjourns