In the Writing Center, we help you develop strategies for writing more effectively in every situation. Whether you are writing for a class assignment or crafting a cover letter, our trained peer tutors provide a wide range of support to help you produce your best possible written work. We can help at any stage of the writing process, from prewriting to fine-tuning a finished draft. We’ll also teach you to assess your own writing processes and go beyond better papers to becoming a better writer.
Location, Hours, & Advice
Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 2 p.m.-4 p.m. and 8 p.m.–11 p.m.
Appointments with a peer tutor can be made by going to http://davidson.mywconline.com
Location: E. H. Little Library
Get the most out of this free service by:
- Seeking help at any point in the writing process
- Bringing a copy of your draft and your assignment
- Preparing specific questions to address your problem areas
- Taking notes during your tutoring session
- Dropping by at the beginning of the tutoring period
Resources & Links
- Tutor Information – a listing of subject areas in which tutoring is provided
- Faculty Tools for Writing Instruction – provides list of online resources covering electronic commenting, electronic portfolios, interactive writing exercises, collection of research websites by subject, and courses on writing and technology
- Plagiarism, Copyright, and the Honor Code – links to plagiarism and copyright resources and information about the Davidson College Honor code and the code of responsibility
- Resources for Academic Writing – online resources for student writing